Friday, July 11, 2014

140Story - Day 44

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
the ground.  Kelly turned right, I turned left and kicked another agent as he flicked the switch on his radio.  I jabbed two fingers into his throat and grabbed the radio.  Kelly took out his second stooge with a series of incredibly vicious liver punches and an eye gouge.  Kelly played to win, not to be noble.
    We weren’t out of the building more than fifteen seconds and we had taken three of them out.  The element of surprise was gone now, and I could feel eyes on me as I followed Kelly across the street and into an alley.  He ducked behind a dumpster, breathing hard.
    “No shots fired,” he said.
    “You think they’re going for recovery?”
    He ran a hand across his lips, his eyes darting from one end of the alley to the other.  “Depends if these

No comments:

Post a Comment