Tuesday, July 8, 2014

140Story - Day 41

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
believed him.  Kelly wasn’t one to get sloppy.  “You’re saying someone wanted others to think you were stealing?”
    “I was separating,” he explained, “leaving Telrik.  Like you.  They didn’t want me to go.  Thought I knew about too many skeletons in too many closets.”
    “That’s true about any of us,” I replied.  “What’s so special about you?”
    “Burton’s father.”
    He said it as if that explained everything.  I didn’t take the bait, I just waited.
    “He was the one with sticky fingers,” Kelly said.  “We worked a detail together down South. I found a courier bag.  He opened it.  Took it to the section chief, who thought we three should split it.  I told him no.”
    I went to the window and scanned outside.  Never could be too vigilant.
    “They split it anyway.  And put my name on dirty money

No comments:

Post a Comment