Wednesday, July 2, 2014

140Story - Day 35

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

we moving?” Kelly demanded. I felt the pistol on my skull again.
    “How did you find me?”
    Kelly smiled, the first human emotion I’d seen him display.  “I’ll always know where you are, Lily.”
    “Then you know about Burton.”
    Kelly frowned.  “Hack.”
    “I think he used me to flush you out.”
    Kelly shrugged.  “Of course he did.”
    I waited for him to elaborate, but he seemed content to hold the gun to my head and say nothing even as sirens grew louder and closer.  In a flash, I got it.
    “But you’re ahead of him.”
    The pistol eased away from my head.  “Always.  We need to leave.  Don’t attract attention to yourself.”
    I eased away from the curb just as the first police car screamed past.  I watched it go, pretending I was just another passer-by wondering what all

No comments:

Post a Comment