Tuesday, July 29, 2014

140Story - Day 56

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

did have my back.  All it took was for Telrik to wait long enough, for me to let my guard down enough, to get an opening.  One small gap in my attention to exploit.  They took what they got and ran with it, full speed.
    “I’m sorry,” I said.  I meant it with all my heart.
    Kelly smiled his sad little smile and clasped my hand in his.  “It’s all right, Lily.  Hiding out was only prolonging the inevitable.  Better to take action than keep on the way I was.”
    I wanted to cry.  But I didn’t.  “I don’t think they’ll come in here.  Too many witnesses.”
    “But with all these cameras they’ll be able to follow us anywhere,” Kelly said.  He glanced at the ceiling.  “You can bet they’ll have drones everywhere.”
    “So what do we do?”
    Kelly let

No comments:

Post a Comment