Friday, July 25, 2014

140Story - Day 54

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
to get to the bus station from here?”

I did.  We parked three blocks away - illegally - and walked in through the back of the station, where the passengers got on board.  The place smelled like exhaust and stale crackers and people at the end of their rope.  We belonged.
    “He’s got dark hair, heavyset, kind of pale,” I said softly.  “Looked like he might need glasses but he wasn’t wearing any when we talked.”
    Tense as an overwound spring, Kelly scanned the lounge, nodding slightly.  “He and I have met.”
    Oh no.  I retreated, ducking behind a vending machine and putting my back to the wall.
    In a moment Kelly was by my side, concern and suspicion in his eyes.  “What’s up?”
    “You never said you knew him,” I craned my neck, scanning the room for...
    Surveillance cameras.  The place

No comments:

Post a Comment