Monday, July 7, 2014

140Story - Day 40

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

we shared, two years back.
    I made him take a shower but he still had the look of an unhinged vagrant, which is why I made the trip for razors.
    “There should be shaving cream in the bathroom,” I said as I tossed the razors to him.
    “I didn’t steal any money,” he said without looking up.  “If I had, do you think I’d still be here, living on the street?”
    I thought about it for a moment.  Kelly was smart, and an opportunist.  “Probably not.  But what was that you said about getting as much money as you needed?”
    “They framed me,” he said, finally making eye contact.  “My fault for not keeping up with sigint.  There is an account in the Caymans with my name on it and several million dollars just waiting.”
    I didn’t know if I

No comments:

Post a Comment