Thursday, July 31, 2014

140Story - Day 57

 I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

go of my hand.  “I’m going to let them have me.”
    “Surrender?” I gasped.  That wasn’t like Kelly at all.
    “I didn’t say that.”
    He stood slowly, jutting his chin towards the front door.  Two men stood outside, both in suits, both looking as out of place as a tiger at the South Pole.  Kelly’s eyes scanned the bus station, and each time he spotted a Telrik stooge he nodded.  I was gratified to see my count matched his.
    He took my hand again and squeezed.  “See you on the other side, sweetie.”
    As he walked to the front door I pocketed the thumb drive he’d slipped me.  That was Kelly, always two steps ahead.
    The two Telrik stooges at the door couldn’t disguise their surprise when Kelly presented himself to them.  The others in the bus station tried to

No comments:

Post a Comment