Saturday, July 12, 2014

140Story - Day 45

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

guys are with Telrik or Burton.”
    “What if there’s no difference?” I asked.  “What if Telrik is using Burton to get the money back?”
    The idea took Kelly a moment to process.  “I never thought of that.”
    Hugging the wall, Kelly moved for the other end of the alley, pistol in hand.  I followed with my own pistol drawn, scanning above and behind us.  It was like the old days, me and Kelly against the world.
    “Can you still hotwire a car?” Kelly asked softly.
    “Older models are better,” I said, “quicker.  But, yeah, pretty much.”
    Crouching, he eased one eye around the corner.  Turning back, he had a smile on his face.  “Suppose I found you one with the keys still in it?”
    We both concealed our weapons and emerged from the alley.  Not thirty feet away some kid,

No comments:

Post a Comment