Thursday, July 3, 2014

140Story - Day 36

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

the commotion was.
    Truth be told, that wasn’t far wrong.  I was in the dark about so much.
    Kelly was playing a long game, that was clear, but I had no idea what the game actually was.  Missing funds?  Murder in broad daylight?  There were stakes here I was totally unfamiliar with.  I was the dupe.  The pasty.  And I didn’t like it one bit.
    I drove slowly, but not too slowly.  “Theda said you were involved in embezzling.”
    A snort of derision sounded from the back seat.  “I can get as much money as I need any time I need it.”
    “Tell me the truth, Kelly,” I said as I passed Green Street without turning, “how have you been living these past two years?”
    “I’ve been free,” he replied.  “Not tied to anyone else’s agenda.”
    “Apartments cost money.  Guns

No comments:

Post a Comment