Friday, July 4, 2014

140Story - Day 37

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

and ammo cost money.  All the tools you use cost money.  Where does it come from?”
    There was a long silence.  I felt the gun on the back of my skull again.  “You passed Green Street.”
    “I told Theda you wouldn’t steal,” I said.  “But you did it, didn’t you?  How much, Kelly?  What was your price?”
    “You know them,” he replied, a tiny quaver in his usually-strong voice, “Telrik are bad people.  The worst.”
    “That doesn’t make stealing from them okay.”
    He pressed the pistol more firmly against my head.  “Is stealing from a thief wrong?  Or is it poetic justice?”
    I took a deep breath and gripped the wheel tight.  I was going to take a gamble, one that I couldn’t afford to lose.  “If you were gone for two years just because of money... you might

No comments:

Post a Comment