Tuesday, July 22, 2014

140Story - Day 52

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

the city.
    Minutes ticked by and we sat quietly.  The sun went down and we didn’t say a word.  No one was following, it seemed.  We had given them the slip.  I hoped.
    From time to time I looked over at Kelly.  He was too thin, and even a lengthy shower hadn’t cleaned him up completely.  He looked more homeless than undercover.  But the man I once knew was in there, not too far below the surface.
    “Why didn’t you get in touch?” I asked, after hours of silence.
    Kelly pursed his lips, took a deep breath, and considered his words.  “I wasn’t sure.”
    “About me?”
    He nodded and my heart broke all over again.  How could he think I would ever be a part of the Telrik machine?  How could he put me in the same category as corporate

No comments:

Post a Comment