Sunday, July 13, 2014

140Story - Day 46

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

probably a college student, lugged bags of groceries from an open car door to his low-rent apartment.  The car was still running.
    In a matter of seconds I was behind the wheel and Kelly was in the passenger seat.  I drove off slowly, calmly, as if we were just out for a drive instead of committing grand theft.
    Kelly turned and scanned the road behind us.  “No tail.”
    “Not in a car or truck, no,” I said.  I’d been scanning my rear-view too.  “What if they’ve got eyes on the buildings?  Or drones?”
    He sighed and slumped in the seat.  “This sucks when you don’t have back-up.”
    I nodded.  “You ever hear of a tech guy named Michaels?”
    Kelly gave me a hard stare.  “Yeah.  How do you know him?”

The problem with modern electronic surveillance is

No comments:

Post a Comment