Tuesday, July 1, 2014

140Story - Day 34

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

lived it.  The constant tension, ready for any threat at any time.  I’d overcome it with difficulty and help.  The kind of help Kelly needed but never got.
    “Did you kill Theda?” I asked.
    “Drive, dammit,” Kelly hissed.
    I didn’t move.  I needed to know.  “She’s dead.”
    “The brunette you were with?  Is that what the gunshot was?  Not me.”  He shook his head.  “Broad daylight... amateurs.”
    I turned the key and Kelly flinched.  “Which way to avoid cops?”
    Kelly cocked his head, listening as the sirens came closer.  “Left on Green, right on Lake, then the second alley.  Back in.”
    I knew roughly where he was taking me.  Close to where I thought he would be, but not exactly.  Kelly was unpredictable, which was why Burton needed me to find him.
    Or... needed Kelly to find me.
    “Why aren’t

No comments:

Post a Comment