Thursday, April 16, 2009

Around the Community College

I used to travel a lot for one of my previous jobs, and I noticed that some things are the same all across the country. Like wherever you find a Bed Bath and Beyond, there's almost certainly going to be a Target on the other side of the highway. Or like the best local food is always in the worst-looking dives. Or the common theme of preying on community college kids.
   I noticed that there are always - ALWAYS - the same four things around any community college campus:
McDonald's - to keep them fat and slow, possibly employed
Scientology Center - want to take a personality survey?
Marine Recruitment Post - war? Nah... you'll probably just end up washing trucks...
'Hydroponic' Plant Store - because the pothead never falls far from the junior college

Go out to your local community college, I guarantee you'll find all four of these businesses. You won't even have to look very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment