Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Little Things

During my time between assignments, I'm trying to broaden my horizons, try new things, go places I haven't been before. And in some cases I'm revisiting things I've forgotten while working as a corporate drone.
   Yesterday I took a nap.
   That's right, in the mid-afternoon, after lunch and before recess I lay me down and closed my eyes. An hour later I woke refreshed, looking for my juice and cookie and ready to face the bully by the jungle gym. I'm just kidding; everybody knows I was the bully by the jungle gym.
   It was liberating, not only the nap itself, but even contemplating taking one. For years I've been run down and lethargic right about 2 PM, but I didn't have the courage or the time to take a nap. Now that I have both, I'm going to take advantage of every napping opportunity.
   I'd recommend taking naps for everyone, except I know most people have 'work' and 'responsibilities' and 'no room under the desk' so they can't take naps. Too bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment