Thursday, April 30, 2009

Now What Am I Supposed to Do?

The Maserati dealership in my neighborhood closed. I'm nearly beside myself.
   I was driving to the grocery store yesterday (more on that later), when I noticed the trident signs were gone, the cars were gone, the place was vacant. The only things left are the etched tridents in the windows and a 'For Lease' sign. My dentist's office is right across the street, so I know there were still overpriced, overpowered, gas-guzzling Italian supercars there a month ago. I was looking at the place from the chair while the hygienist did her best to rip my gums from my mouth.
   I always wondered why someone would put a Maserati dealership in Pasadena, it never did make a lot of sense. There's one in Beverly Hills, and one in Long Beach, I believe, both neighborhoods where there is a LOT of money and a LOT of insecurity. While there are some extremely wealthy people in Pasadena, I never thought there were enough to support a Maserati dealership. If you just go a mile up Fair Oaks you hit a rough neighborhood of renters and carnicerias, not exactly the market for a Maserati. This city is the home of the Rose Parade, for God's sake, it's folksy and homey, not plastic and fake.
   For right now, at least, the Maserati dealership lives on in Google Maps. Look for 'Del Mar at Fair Oaks, Pasadena, CA' and go to the Street View. It was on the SE corner.
   Farewell, Maserati dealership, I never got the chance to go in and pretend I was going to buy one of your cars...

No comments:

Post a Comment