Wednesday, April 8, 2009

California Moment

This friend of mine wanted to go to a job fair down in Long Beach. She’s been unemployed for a while, longer than I have, and she needs a paying gig. We talked about it Monday, and I told her I’d tag along, more for something to do during the day than to apply for a job. She said we’d leave about 10 AM, get to Long Beach around 11, go to the job fair, then go have lunch and see Long Beach. Cool by me, it’ll get me out of the house.
   So the next morning I get ready. Showered, shaved, bowels voided, the whole nine yards. Remember, we’re supposed to leave at 10 AM, she’s going to pick me up. I get an e-mail at 9:30 AM: ‘not too impressed with the list of companies... shall pass’
   That’s right - she flaked BY E-MAIL!! Half an hour before she was supposed to pick me up. Only in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment