Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dudes with Tattoos

I don't have a tattoo, but I decided if I ever get one it's going to be a tattoo of a butt with a tattoo of a butt - ON my butt. So it'll be like one of those 'infinite mirror' things you used to find in Spencer's Gifts.
   But today's sighting: I was at the gas station, buying V8 Fusion and beef jerky (yeah, I know, shut up) and the clerk behind the counter had something on his forearm. At first it looked like grease because it ran from wrist to elbow. Then I looked closer and it was words. In Hebrew.
   The clerk is an Asian guy, probably Filipino, so a tattoo of Hebrew words was more than a little incongruous. So I asked the guy what the tattoo said, and he replied 'Only God can judge me.'
   Now, I'm not normally an alarmist, but this sounds like the kind of body decoration that someone with a guilty conscience might have done. Kind of like if I got a tattoo that said, in Hebrew, 'Only God can make me stop speeding on the 134.'
   On the other hand, I can't read Hebrew, so I only have his word for what that tattoo says. Maybe he's just trying to sound tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment