Saturday, June 7, 2014

140Story - Day 10

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

envelope again.  “Instructions are there.  Along with half your fee.”
    I didn’t touch the envelope, and I wouldn’t until Burton was long gone.  “Half?  Telrik usually starts at ten percent.”
    He tried to smile again, but it came across as a smirk.  “We’re fairly certain you’ll make the effort.”
    He was right, of course.  Telrik knew everything about their people, including their weaknesses.  A good glass of whiskey was one of mine.  Kelly was the other.

If I hadn’t been a paranoid wreck before, I became one after I left Marcy’s.  Check your six, always.  And now my three o’clock, and nine, and up, and down, and sideways.  Telrik was watching, they always were, but their methods had to have improved in the years since I worked for them.  There were drones now, and GPS tracking devices, and big data

No comments:

Post a Comment