Friday, June 13, 2014

140Story - Day 16

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
exposed like a raw nerve.  Our first meeting had been after midnight, when he thought I was a skulk for the other side.  I almost shot him in the face, but he whispered the watch word at the last moment.  Our final encounter had been under a hail of bullets as he was making his exit from Telrik by any means possible.  I was supposed to shoot him then, too.  I made him shoot me, to make his getaway seem plausible.
    I ran my hand along the scar on my calf.  Through and through, the entry and exit wounds lined up neatly, and they’d healed perfectly.  Unlike my heart.  He was still lodged in there, shrapnel that I couldn’t remove or I’d die.
    I shook my head to clear it, and studied the pictures again.  South of Downtown, Burton said.

No comments:

Post a Comment