Thursday, June 26, 2014

140Story - Day 29

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

explanation.  In less than ten minutes we were in front of the Grange building.  And there was the new construction, plainly visible over the facade.
    “I think I know where to find him.”  My voice was almost a whisper.
    I heard a metallic click and slowly turned around.  Theda stood well out of arm’s reach, her hand thrust into her purse, which showed the telltale bulge of a suppressor.  She was good, misdirecting me from her purse like that.
    “You don’t want to do that,” I said.  “Seriously.”
    She shrugged slightly.  “It’s a little too late to think about what I want.  Where do I find Kelly?”
    “How much did Burton promise you?” I took a step to my right and she followed.
    “He’s got nothing to do with it,” she replied.  “I have to look out f...”
    A faint

No comments:

Post a Comment