Saturday, June 14, 2014

140Story - Day 17

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

Two of the pictures were places I recognized, indeed South of Downtown.  The third place, though, didn’t look right.  The framing was different, the focus off, the light inconsistent with the other two.  Which wouldn’t usually be suspicious - a different photographer, for instance, or a phone snapshot versus an SLR - but it seemed like the image had been altered.
    Why?
    I knew all of Telrik’s dirty tricks.  Hell, I’d invented a few of them.  But why give me an altered photo?  Was it supposed to lead me in the wrong direction?  Maybe keep me from going the right direction?
    Then it hit me.  The only explanation that made sense.  Telrik hadn’t given me an altered photo.  Burton had.  That corporate weasel was following orders, but screwing me up at the same time.  The original photo must have showed something Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment