Monday, June 16, 2014

140Story - Day 19

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

door.  I muttered under my breath, cursing myself for half-assing this from the start.  I hadn’t gathered any intel on Burton, I didn’t even know his partner’s name.  Slip-ups like that were what had cost colleagues their lives, and might do the same for me.
    I was two blocks away before I found spotted the person following me.  She was good, I’ll give her that much, I only noticed her because she was so intent on keeping me in sight she almost got run down by a garbage truck.  Medium height, shoulder-length hair, nondescript clothes, she could have been any of ten thousand people within a hundred yards of me.
    Except I recognized her.
    Telrik had slipped up putting her on my tail.  They thought I had no idea who she was, but they were mistaken.  She

No comments:

Post a Comment