Monday, June 23, 2014

140Story - Day 26

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

feeling that she wanted to clasp my hands.  Lucky for her she didn’t.
    “Missing funds,” she said.  “A substantial amount.”
    It didn’t seem like Kelly to be an embezzler.  But if he were, it wouldn’t be for a paltry sum.  Go big or go home, he liked to say.
    “Which is why Burton has disappeared,” I said, thinking out loud.  “Although if Kelly did steal I doubt he’d keep any of it in cash.”
    Theda pushed a dark strand of hair out of her face.  “Burton’s pretty good at advanced interrogation techniques.”
    I shook my head.  “He’d have to find Kelly, then catch him, then keep him.  None of that’s going to happen.  But at least now we know where we can look for Burton.  And what he’ll be looking for.”
    She stood quickly, downing the last of her coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment