Tuesday, June 10, 2014

140Story - Day 13

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
it, where Telrik would have put a minuscule pinhole camera.  I went about my business in my apartment, carefully cataloging the things that were not quite right.
    Ten.  I hadn’t been with Burton more than an hour but that was all Telrik needed to put ten different monitoring devices in my place.  I took a short rest, made a sandwich and watched a little TV, and then removed nine of them.  Telrik would expect me to find some - why else place so many? - but if I got rid of all of them they’d just be back tomorrow with a better crew.  It was easier to leave one camera, right by the front door, which they would be watching from outside anyway.
    I swept the bathroom twice more before I was sure I hadn’t missed any surveillance hardware. Then I went

No comments:

Post a Comment