Monday, June 2, 2014

140Story - Day 5

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in the next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

and a fifty onto the bar and waved Crewcut Douchebag Number Two to the door.
    “Lily,” Burton called across the room, “the offer’s on the table for twenty-four hours.  After that we’re moving on.”
    I nodded and waved my free drink at him as they left. 
    Scully had already scooped up the fifty, and his other hand hovered over the business card.  “What do you want me to do with this?”
    ‘Throw it in the garbage’ was on my lips.  I swear it was.  But I hesitated, just that one moment.  A lifetime of regret is built from moments like that.
    “I’ll take it,” I said, shoving it into my handbag.  “You know.  Just in case.”
    Scully frowned.  He knew my past.  He knew my present too.  Shaking his head he went back to his bartender business, cleaning and

No comments:

Post a Comment