Saturday, June 28, 2014

140Story - Day 31

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

shooter was either finished or very, very disciplined.
    I had to make myself scarce.  No telling how many people had seen me and Theda together, and I didn’t feel like answering to the police.  A kid with a skateboard joined the man in the suit, and then a woman walking a dog.
    “Oh my GOD!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.  Within seconds curious spectators rushed in from every direction, each of them asking the others what had happened and how they could help.  In the distance sirens wailed.
    I took a deep breath and left the cover of the delivery van, walking quickly and quietly away from the scene.  I scanned the rooftops and windows for a flash or a silhouette, but there was nothing.
    My legs trembling, I made it back to my car, positive no

No comments:

Post a Comment