Monday, June 9, 2014

140Story - Day 12

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

sense, over two fingers of scotch while a Yankees game blared in the background.  Michaels.  Tech guy.  Sort of.  Gray-market tech, not the kind of stuff you could go to the mall and get.
    I made it to my apartment without letting the stooges tailing me know I knew exactly where they were.  Standard Telrik procedure, eyes on the target at all times.  My front door looked exactly like I’d left it, but I knew better.  I went in, fingers closed around the Glock in my handbag.
    Nothing seemed disturbed.  And maybe it hadn’t been.  Maybe Telrik didn’t need to get inside any longer, maybe electronic surveillance was enough.  But there was something...
    There.  Right in the front entry.  The souvenir, tourist-kitsch bowl from Africa had been moved.  Slightly.  I didn’t look up at the vent directly above

No comments:

Post a Comment