Sunday, June 15, 2014

140Story - Day 18

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
suspected would lead me right to Kelly.  So he’d made it disappear.
    The wheels turned in my head.  If Burton altered a photo to throw me off Kelly’s trail... he must have found Kelly already.  Or had a very, very good idea of where Kelly was.  Son of a bitch.  I was getting soft, it had taken me the better part of a day to figure this out.  I’d burned a lot of time.
    My mission changed.  Instead of finding Kelly, first I had to find Burton.  Who would have gone to ground if he were anything other than the stupidest person on the planet.  One of the best rules in my business, though, was ‘never underestimate the stupidity of your target.’
    I shrugged on a long coat and stuffed my pistol into my handbag as I headed out the

No comments:

Post a Comment