Wednesday, June 25, 2014

140Story - Day 28

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

same spot as the photographer.  He saw a reason to take the picture, now I just had to find it.  I relaxed, eased open the shutters I put on my senses, and let it all in.  Sights, sounds, smells, I let it wash over me and through me.  Only by letting go could I truly grasp the moment.
    High ground.  That’s what I saw.  Not the Federal Building itself, but new construction several blocks beyond, the kind of mixed-use hipster bullshit the City Council had been favoring for the past few years.  The top of that building could look out over most of the city.  A perfect spot for Kelly to hole up.  As long as he had more than one way in and out.
    I practically ran past Theda, giving her a terse ‘this way’ as my only

No comments:

Post a Comment