Saturday, June 21, 2014

140Story - Day 24

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

In my favorite booth at Marcy’s I set the three photos in front of Theda.  Immediately she tapped the odd one.
    “Doctored,” she declared.  “Pretty decent job.”
    “What can you tell me about the surveillance team that took these other two?” I asked.
    She shook her head.  “Nothing.  We’re completely separated.  I can tell you they wouldn’t have taken a picture if they didn’t think it was important.  They don’t take snapshots to share online.”
    “These are South of Downtown,” I replied, more talking out loud than to her, “where Kelly is supposed to be.  Maybe... do you think they were trying to triangulate?”
    “Could be,” Theda said.  She stared at one picture.  “This is the old Federal building, looking West.  This one is the Grange building, looking North.”
    “The other point could be almost anywhere,” I muttered.
    “But we

No comments:

Post a Comment