Tuesday, June 3, 2014

140Story - Day 6

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

wiping and moving bottles around.
    I tapped my empty glass on the bar.  “You think there’s another round left in that fifty?”

Later, glad I decided to wear flats, I climbed the stairs to my apartment.  Which was also my office.  I had a separate office six months ago but my finances dictated I choose between the two.  My office had the faster internet connection, but my apartment had a working shower, so there really was no choice.  I’ll take clean hair over cat videos any day of the week.
    Weaving slightly I got undressed, already feeling the fuzz of a hangover developing on my tongue.  Not for the first time I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I cut out drinking I might have enough money for other things.
    I tried to drop my handbag on the dresser, but


No comments:

Post a Comment