Wednesday, June 4, 2014

140Story - Day 7

I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
I missed and it upended, spilling everything onto the floor.  Including the business card from Crewcut Douchebag.
    As I picked up the card Telrik’s logo stared back at me, the same one I had once proudly and naively worn like a badge.  The name read ‘T. Burton.’  The guy was such a pompous tool he thought he only needed an initial instead of a first name.  Asshole.  I was about to crumple it up and throw it in the toilet when, for some reason, I turned it over.
    ‘Kelly.’
    One word.  A name.  The only name that mattered.  That’s all it took, and I was in.  No matter how terrible Telrik was, no matter what kind of betrayal they undoubtedly had planned, no matter what danger I would face, I was going to take that job.

The next day I

No comments:

Post a Comment