Wednesday, June 18, 2014

140Story - Day 21

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

come up behind her all along.  For an instant her hand moved to the inside of her jacket, towards her pistol, but she glanced at all the potential witnesses crowding the street and thought better of it.
    “I need to talk to Burton,” I said.  I was standing just far enough away that I could deal with a punch or a kick.
    Her eyebrows raised, just a tick, but enough for me to know there was something wrong.  “He’ll find you when the time comes.”
    “He’s missing, isn’t he?” I replied.  I knew the answer, I just wanted to see if she did.
    Her lips pursed, and she flipped her hair out of her face.  “Working.”
    “Unless ‘working’ for him means ‘not answering the phone,’” I said, “he’s missing.  I know why.”
    She considered this carefully.  I could see her

No comments:

Post a Comment