Sunday, June 22, 2014

140Story - Day 25

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

have a start,” Theda said.  “Chances are good Kelly is within a quarter mile of these spots.”
    “Unless he was screwing with your surveillance team.”
    Theda nodded.  “Anything you know that could help?”
    I sighed.  There were hundreds of things.  Little things.  He didn’t like echoes, so his place would probably be carpeted, sour smells bothered him so he would be away from businesses with strong odors.  He liked to read the paper in the morning, so he’d be somewhere he could get one quickly and easily.  Details you learned when you shared a life with someone.
    “Not really,” I lied.
    “You do know why Telrik is looking for him, don’t you?”
    I shook my head.  I couldn’t care less why they wanted him, I had my own reasons.  “Loose ends?”
    Theda leaned across the table, and I had the

No comments:

Post a Comment