Friday, June 20, 2014

140Story - Day 23

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

he would, but you know how many bodies Kelly’s left behind.  All of those people thought they were smarter.”
    I could see the wheels turn in her brain.  “So... what do you care if Burton gets himself removed?”
    I shrugged.  “I don’t.  But if I can find Burton before he’s a corpse, I can probably find Kelly too.  That’s what I care about.”
    In an instant she came to a decision, no dithering, no over-thinking.  I was going to like this girl.  “I’ll help you.  But when we find him, if Burton is operating on his own...”
    “He’s all yours,” I agreed.
    She stuck out her hand.  “Theda Grayle.”
    Of course... I had read her dossier.  Formidable.  I had to remember never to turn my back on her.
    “Lily Walker.”
    “Yes, I know,” she replied.  “Where do we start?”

No comments:

Post a Comment