Friday, June 27, 2014

140Story - Day 30

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

pop sounded, and a red spot bloomed over Theda’s heart.  Her purse fell from her hand, and a moment later she toppled over, her head cracking the pavement with a horrible hollow thud.  Someone had taken her out, in broad daylight, on a busy city street.
    The shot came from above me and behind, so I took a sharp left and ran for cover behind a delivery van.  With every step I expected to feel the searing agony of a bullet wound, or to hear a bullet whistle past my ear.  I dove behind the van, hoping to high heaven I’d guessed the shooter’s location properly.
    A few moments later a man in a suit noticed the body on the sidewalk and stopped to render aid.  I waited for another pop, for another body slumped on the sidewalk, but the

No comments:

Post a Comment