Tuesday, June 24, 2014

140Story - Day 27

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

in one gulp.  “Let’s get going.  Do we pay here or at the register?”
    “I run a tab,” I explained.  “Marcy kind of owes me.  Long story.”

I drove.  I always drive, that way I always have the keys.  I did the parking receipt dance, which is buying the ticket on the East side of Downtown, where it’s cheaper, and then taking a space South of Downtown, where it’s not.  Being broke makes a person creative.
    Theda gripped her purse carelessly, but took great care to button her jacket, which told me she kept her pistol close to her heart.  Literally.  I studied her without seeming to, and I’m positive she did the same to me.  I liked her, but I did not trust her, not for one moment.
    We found the Federal Building first, and I stood in the

No comments:

Post a Comment