Tuesday, June 17, 2014

140Story - Day 20

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap

started at Telrik after I left, but I was on the review board, I had seen her photos, I might even had read her dossier.  I didn’t remember her name, but I absolutely remembered her face.
    She ducked out of sight, becoming just another random face in a city full of them.  If she was smart - if Telrik told her who I had been - she would abandon standard procedure.  I was banking on Telrik keeping her in the dark.
    Two blocks over, one block up, one block back, and if things went as I suspected they would she should be...
    Right in front of me.  Looking the other way.
    “You’re not going to find me over there,” I said.
    To her credit she did not jump, not even a flinch.  She turned around as if she’d been expecting me to

No comments:

Post a Comment