Thursday, June 12, 2014

140Story - Day 15

  I'm writing a story 140 words at a time and posting the results here daily.  Can I sustain interest?  Will I lose the narrative thread?  Find out in this next installment of Bullets Ain't Cheap
 
locations, without any images of Kelly for validation.  He was a sasquatch, without even blurry photos to point to.
     On the last page of the barely-there documentation, I found my name.  Lily Walker.  ‘Associate.’
    That stung.  ‘Associate.’  Like we shared an office instead of a bed, or went fifty-fifty on an organic restaurant and shared the chores.  ‘Associate.’  I tried not to let it get to me, this was Telrik, after all, assholes from top to bottom and every rung in between.  For all I knew they put the word in there on purpose just to rile me.  If so, it was working.
    I put down the pages and squeezed my eyes shut, forcing back the tears.  I was a pro, emotions were for after the job was done.  Except when Kelly was involved, then my emotions were

No comments:

Post a Comment